Entrées: Spicy Sausage Kasha Bake
Easy to make spicy sausage and kasha casserole
3 cups cooked kasha (whole or course granulation)
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1 lb. bulk hot Italian sausage
1 cup chopped onion
1 ½ tsp. Italian seasoning, crushed
1 cup thinly sliced zucchini
1 cup thinly sliced yellow squash
1/3 cup grated Romano cheese
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Prepare kasha according to package directions, using chicken or vegetable broth.
- In large bowl, mix kasha with tomato sauce; set aside.
- In skillet, crumble sausage; add onions and Italian seasoning. Cook until sausage is browned, stirring frequently.
- Drain sausage, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Place sausage mixture in 2-quart oblong baking dish.
- Fluff kasha with fork and spread over sausage.
- Saute zucchini and squash in 2 tablespoons drippings just until tender; arrange over kasha mix.
- Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until hot and cheese melts.