Breakfast: Lemon Buckwheat Waffles
Delicious gluten-free waffles
2 chia eggs (2 T chia seeds mixed with 6 T warm water)
2 cups buckwheat flour
1/3 cup of coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
2 T maple syrup
1/4 cup apple sauce
1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
Zest and juice of one lemon
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup of coconut flakes (optional)
- Turn on waffle-iron and let heat up.
- Make chia eggs and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients.
- Combine vanilla, maple syrup, applesauce, almond milk and lemon juice and zest.
- Stir in chia eggs.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Add pinch of salt.
- Waffle batter will be thick. Spray waffle iron with non-stick spray or grease using melted coconut oil.
- Add a 1/2 cup of batter to iron and follow waffle iron instructions to tell you when the waffle is done.
- Top with mixings of choice.