An reminiscent of old-fashion fluffy rice pudding. With a fruity flavor.
1 cup water
1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup kasha
1 tsp. butter or margarine
1 cup heavy cream, whipped
3 Tbsp. sugar
3 Tbsp. orange-flavored liqueur (or rum or kirsch)
2 and 1/2 cups well-drained canned or fresh fruit (oranges, peaches, apricots, pineapples)
1. In saucepan, heat water and orange juice to boiling; add butter and kasha and bring back to a boil.
2. Then cover pan, reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes or until kasha is tender.
3. Drain thoroughly and set kasha aside to cool.
4. Add sugar and liquor to whipped cream. Fold in fruits and kasha.
5. Chill several hours or overnight, may be topped with grated coconut before serving.
Buckwheat Walnut Bars
Apple Raisin Muffins
Cranberry Apple Bars
Kasha Rhubarb Dessert