Entrées: Kasha and Cherry-Glazed Chicken
A delicious dinner to share!
- 3 cups cooked Wolff's Medium Kasha
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 tsp. ground sage
- 1 can (16 oz.) dark cherries, drained (coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- Salt and pepper
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup flour
- Garlic powder
- 1 cup black cherry preserves
- 1/3 cup undiluted frozen orange juice concentrate
- Stuffing: Prepare kasha according to package directions using chicken broth Meanwhile, in sauce pan saute celery, onions, and sage in 1/4 cup of butter until onions are soft. Add kasha with cherries, pecans, and salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slightly flatten chicken, sprinkle with paprika and garlic powder. Place a mound of stuffing in center of each breast, then roll and secure with toothpicks or skewers. Melt remaining butter in a 9 x 13- inch baking dish. Lightly dredge chicken in flour; place in pan, rolling to coat with butter. Bake for 35 minutes While chicken is baking, heat preserves and orange juice; brush on chicken. Continue to bake for 20 minutes more; Basting 2 or 3 times. (any extra stuffing may be baked and served as a side dish).