Desserts: Gluten-Free Buckwheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
Gluten-free, melts in your mouth goodness.
Serves: 12 cookies
- 1 1/4 cups raw Pocono Whole Buckwheat Groats
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chip
- Place the buckwheat groats in the jar of a high-speed blender. Blend into a fine flour.
- In a mixing bowl, add the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Blend until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and blend until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the buckwheat flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix to thoroughly combine. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Scoop the dough into mounds onto a lined baking sheet. Bake for 12-13 minutes.
- Let cool on the pan for 2-3 minutes, then scoop out onto a cooling rack. Enjoy!