Breakfast: Buckwheat Flapjacks
Delicious fluffy buckwheat pancakes.
- 1/2 cup Pocono Buckwheat Flour
- 1/4 tsp. apple pie or pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. lemon extract
- Light flavored oil
- In a small bowl, combine flour, spice, baking powder, and optional fruit. Mix thoroughly with whisk.
- In medium bowl, add egg, water, sugar, salt, and extracts.
- With mixer, beat on medium speed for one minute into think foam.
- Turn speed to low; quickly sprinkle in dry ingredients bit by bit until combined into thick foamy batter.
- Turn heat to medium; set 10-inch skillet oh heat. Drizzle in 2 tsp. light oil.
- When oil is heated pour 1/4 cupful of batter into skillet. Leave batter mounded.
- Flip when edge is brown and crisp; fry other side golden.
- Reapply oil and repeat. Serve immediately.