Side Dishes: Cheesy Buckwheat with Green Chiles
Comfort food at its finest!
Serves: 4 serving
- 4 cups cooked Pocono Cream of Buckwheat
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (4 oz. can) green chiles, chopped
- Prepare cream of buckwheat according to package directions, using either milk, water or both.
- Saute onion in butter then combine with buckwheat, sour cream, cottage cheese, salt and pepper.
- In 2-quart casserole, layer buckwheat mixture, cheddar and chiles; repeat layers.
- Bake uncovered at 375° 30 minutes, or until bubbly and golden. Let stand about 10 minutes before serving.