Desserts: Apple Sauce Kasha Cookies
These soft and spicy cookies make a good dessert or a healthful, filling snack.
Serves: 4 dozen
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup regular rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raisins or currants
- 1/2 cup medium Wolff's Kasha, uncooked
- Sift together flour, soda, baking powder, salt and spices; set aside.
- Prepare kasha according to package, set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, then beat in egg and applesauce. Slowly stir in flour mixture; mix well.
- Add oats, raisins and kasha.
- Drop mixture by teaspoons onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until golden brown.