Ingredients• 1 and 1/4 cups Pocono Buckwheat Flour
• 1 and 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
• 4 tbsp of sugar
• 4 tsp baking powder
• 1 and 1/2 tsp salt
• 2 eggs
• 3 medium bananas, ripe
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
In a nod to creativity and free spirit, add the toppings you want! Melissa and her mother Gayle recommend organic New York maple syrup, organic honeycrisp apples, and organic brown coconut sugar! If you'd like a gluten free recipe, simply take out the All Purpose Flour, and use an additional 1 and 1/4 cups of Pocono Buckwheat Flour.
1. Mix together the dry ingredients.
2. Incorporate and mix in the wet ingredients.
3. Ladel into a hot, buttered pan
4. Allow to sit until bubbles start to form on the surface. Once bubbles are there, flip.
5. Wait until the side that is now up is brown, and then take off the heat.
6. Add toppings of your choice!