Ingredients2 Tbsp. slivered almonds
1 tsp. butter or margarine
1 can (20 oz.) pineapple chunks
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
1/4 cup chopped onions
1 cup whole kasha or buckwheat groats (or a 1/2 cup of each)
2 tsp. curry powder
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1/4 cup golden raisins
2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
1. Brown almonds in 1 tsp. butter in small skillet or microwave oven, stirring often, until toasted. Set aside.
2. Drain juice adding water to make 2 cups liquid. Set aside.
3. In a heat-proof casserole, melt 2 Tbsp. butter and saute onion. Then stir in kasha until each grain is coated.
4. Add curry, bouillon cubes, and raisins.
5. Stir in the 2 cups liquid, mix well, and cook over high heat until liquid is boiling.
6. Reduce heat to simmer, cover casserole and cook until kasha is tender (about 15-20 minutes).
7. Stir in parsley, pineapple chucks, and toasted almonds; cook a few minutes longer until pineapple is hot.