MUL-TEX Buckwheat Hulls – On Sale for a Limited Time Only
2 cu. feet2 cu. feet
To Order: Call The Birkett Mills at (315) 536–3311. This product is not available for online purchase at this time.
Benefits of Buckwheat Hulls include:
- Attractive, Neat and Easy to Clean
- The rich, dark brown color of MUL-TEX offers and attractive background for your plantings. The small, uniform size and texture of the mulch lend to its neat appearance. You can also rake the surface of debris without disturbing the mulch. Minimal reapplication is needed annually.
- Retains Moisture
- MUL-TEX buckwheat hulls are non-absorptive, thus allowing rain to penetrate to the soil. The mulch quickly dries to a light, insulating layer that conserves soil moisture and keeps plant roots cool and moist.
- Easy to Apply
- Just pour from the easy-to-handle plastic bags. Spread evenly at one to two inches depth and water thoroughly. MUL-TEX does not pack down, staying in place all season to provide better growing conditions for all your plantings.
- Reduces Waste
- MUL-TEX buckwheat hulls deter weeds growth, reducing the need for hand weeding and cultivation
Uses of Buckwheat Hulls
- Summer Mulch
- MUL-TEX buckwheat hulls keep the soil cool and moist allowing plants, shrubs and trees to thrive in the hottest temperatures. It They reduce weeds and provide an attractive, neat backdrop for plantings in the landscape.
- Winter Mulch
- MUL-TEX buckwheat hulls stay loose and light on top of the soil, insulating the roots of perennial plants and bulbs. In the spring, MUL-TEX helps prevent the thawing, freezing and resulting heaving of soil that tear the tender roots of plants and bulbs.
- Rose Gardens
- With MUL-TEX buckwheat hulls, rose beds are attractive, with good soil moisture and temperature for maximum performance. MUL-TEX also provides great weed control.
- Storing Bulbs and Roots
- When packed in MUL-TEX buckwheat hulls, bulbs and roots, such as dahlias, gladioli, begonias, and cannas are preserves in excellent condition for replanting
- Buckwheat Pillows
- MUL-TEX buckwheat hulls can also be used to make your own pillows.
The ideal organic mulch is odorless, easy to apply, attractive, neat and easy to clean. It retains soil moisture, conditions and insulates the soil, and reduces weeds.
Now you can experience the benefits of buckwheat hulls mulch in your home landscape and gardens.