Ingredients• 2 cups cooked kasha (whole or coarse)
• 2 cups (8 oz.) white cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
• 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
• 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
• 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
• 1/4 cup diced green pepper
• 1/4 cup sliced green onions
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
• 1/2 cup bottled Dijon vinaigrette
• Fresh spinach
• 4 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
1. Prepare kasha according to package directions, using chicken or vegetable broth. Cut cheese into 1/4-inch cubes. In a large non-metal bowl, combine kasha, black beans, cheese, celery, peppers, onions and basil.
2. Mix well, then add vinaigrette and toss. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Before serving, add 2 cups fresh spinach cut into strips; toss. Arrange additional spinach leaves in salad bowl or on platter.
3. Top with salad and sprinkle with bacon.