Ingredients• 1 and 1/4 cup Pocono Light Buckwheat Flour (adjust up/down for too wet /dry by 1/8 cup)
• 1 and 1/4 tsp. baking powder
• 1/2 tsp. baking soda
• 3/4 cup water
• 1/3 cup light oil
• 1 extra large egg
• 1/4 cup molasses plus 1/4 cup honey & 1/4 cup maple syrup
• 1/4 tsp. salt
• 1/4 tsp. each: lemon, orange, and vanilla extract
• 1/4 tsp. each: ground allspice, ginger, mace, nutmeg, and star anise
• 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1. Using an 8-inch pan, coat interior surfaces with no-stick spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda; whisk thoroughly and set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, combine water and oil. Set on medium heat.
4. Meanwhile, to medium bowl, add egg, sweeteners, salt, extracts, and spices. Whisk briskly for 1 minute. When liquid is boiling, pour onto mixture and immediately whisk for 5 seconds. Immediately tip in dry ingredients; with whisk, fold quickly but lightly just until flour is moistened but batter is still lumpy. Pour foamy batter into pan and spread evenly.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick stuck in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pan. Remove from pan. Serve with whipped cream